Three Delicious Cucumber Recipes to Cool you down this Summer
CHILLED MELON, CUCUMBER AND MINT SOUP
- 3 English cucumbers
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks (8 cups)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 6 limes), plus wedges for serving
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus more for serving
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Peel, halve, and seed 2 cucumbers, then coarsely chop. (You should have about 4 1/2 cups.) Halve and seed remaining (unpeeled) cucumber; cut into a 1/4-inch dice. Working in batches, puree chopped cucumbers, melon, 1/2 cup lime juice, mint, and ice in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and more lime juice. Transfer soup to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.
- Smear 1/4 cup yogurt onto two sides of each serving bowl. Spoon chilled soup into bowls, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with diced cucumbers and mint. Serve, with lime wedges.
SUMMER CUCUMBER & LIME JUICE
This is a very cooling, easy-to-make refreshing summertime drink! You'll need a juicer. While ayurveda recommends cooking most vegetables, some — especially juicy vegetables, such as cucumber and lettuces — can be refreshing for lunch in the summer. But avoid them at night and in winter. They can aggravate Vata
- One cucumber
- ½ lime
- 2 teaspoons of organic honey
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Juice cucumber and dilute with an equal part water.
- Squeeze lime and mix with cucumber juice. Mix in the honey and salt, if desired. Garnish with min
TANGY CUCUMBER SALAD
This is a great summer meal that is surprisingly filling and light at the same time. It has asian flavorings and a nice crunch.
Serving Size: Makes 1 large salad that feeds 1 person as a meal or 2-3 as a side salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Make Ahead: yes, but best fresh!
1 large cucumber* chopped or sliced
1⁄4 red bell pepper diced
1 TBS black sesame seeds
1 small handful raw almonds
1⁄2 of a lime juiced
1 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp honey
Chop or slice the cucumber and dice the bell pepper and toss together in a bowl.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together until combined and drizzle over the salad.
Top with sesame seeds and almonds.