Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Escapada Health Retreat is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Your trust in us is paramount and if you have any questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By using any services we offer, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of information about you in accordance with and are agreeing to be bound by this Privacy and Data Protection Policy. If you do not accept this policy, we ask you to not use our website or engage with our services.
We may change our Privacy and Data Protection policy from time to time, without notification, in accordance to change in business or legislation. Therefore, you should review this policy regularly when you come visit our website.
Ways that we collect information
1. Personal information or data
We may collect and process the following personal information or data (Information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you, in order for us to deliver a personalised service:
- Certain information required to use our Services, for example, pre-retreat questionnaires
- Details such as name, address, email address, telephone number in contact page for enquires
- Information provided to register or subscribe with our Services
- Information provided if you sign up for information, newsletters or any other updates
- Information provided in connection with booking places for events
- Details of the services you access
- A record of any correspondence between you and us
- Information we may require from you when you report a issue or complaint
We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You do not have to supply any personal information but you may not be able to use our services as a result.
2. Other ways information is collected
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation) for marketing purposes
- Information may also be gathered through the services without you actively providing it through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. These methods do not collect or store personal information. We may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site and to administer and improve the site.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit it. This enables us to provide a seamless and convenient web browsing experience where you are not constantly having to enter in the same information or presented with information you have already seen and acknowledged.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of this website.
Use of you information
We may use this information to:
- Provide and deliver services to you
- Deliver and dispatch goods or contentinform to you
- Assist in the administration of your registration
- Assist in making general improvements to our materials and services
- Carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- Contact you and notify you about changes to our services or bookings or the services we offer (except where you have asked us not to do this)
- Analyse how our services are used
- Inform you about the latest changes to our website or products, services or promotional offers you might find interesting
- To prevent you from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our site
- For any purpose required by law or regulation
- Strategic development
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you
Sharing of information
We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties except:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime
- In order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our services that may apply
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a transfer of some or all of our organisation and assets to any third party or as part of any restructuring or reorganization but we will always take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continues to be protected
- To protect the rights, property or safety of our users and contributors or any other third parties
- Where you have agreed that we may do so, we may provide contact information to similar organisations and partners
Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
International data transfers
If you use our site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EU in the manner described above.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our site. However, we use our reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized access.
In addition to our safeguards the Data Protection Act protects your personal information. This ensures that the information, which we hold, about you should be processed fairly and lawfully and should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. Please help us to keep your personal information accurate by updating your registration details on the website.
All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties
Changing or accessing your information
Should your personal information change (e.g. your postcode), or if you no longer wish to receive newsletters or services you have signed up for, or if you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, or have any other queries please email email@example.com with full details of your request.
The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by way of out contact page